- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Séka Hills Estate Grown Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups old fashioned oats (the cooks-in-five-minutes kind)
- 2 cups unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1 cup sliced raw almonds
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 1/3 cup diced apricots
- 1/3 cup diced, candied orange peel
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Line two 10 x 15-inch rimmed baking sheets with baking parchment, set aside.
- Using a very large bowl, combine the beaten egg white, honey, brown sugar, olive oil, 5-spice powder and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the old-fashioned oats, coconut, almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, and stir until completely coated.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly onto the two prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the center of a pre-heated 300 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir well and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until browned to your taste.
- Remove from the oven and pour immediately into a large mixing bowl to cool. Stir in the dried fruit, orange peel and almond extract.
- Cool completely in the bowl, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.
Makes approximately 10 cups.
Recipe Courtesy of Karen Yencich, April 2013