- 4 Tbsp Séka Hills Estate Grown Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Séka Hills Elderberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Have all of your ingredients measured so you can make the dressing just before tossing.
- Pour the olive oil into a medium-sized, round bottom bowl. Whisk in the Dijon mustard.
- Slowly whisk in the Séka Hills Elderberry Balsamic Vinegar, about 1/4 teaspoon at a time, until all of the oil is fully incorporated and the mixture is fully emulsified. Slow addition plus steady, constant whisking keep the ingredients combined for a silky dressing. A hand mixer, mini-prep, or the small jar of a blender also work.
- Check seasonings and adjust to taste.
Makes a scant 1/2 cup of dressing.
Recipe courtesy of Karen Yencich, April 2013.
Spinach salad with strawberries and goat (or feta) cheese: Toss dressing with 8 ounces of fresh, washed spinach or baby spinach, and 1 cup (or more) of fresh sliced strawberries. Garnish with 1 cup of crumbled goat or feta cheese.
Toss with fresh stone fruits or berries: The tanginess of Séka Hills Elderberry Balsamic Vinegar tunes up the flavor of fresh fruits just as lemon juice does. The sweetness of the balsamic enhances the ripeness of the fruit. Great as a garnish to fresh cheeses, cheesecake, panna cotta, or on its own.
Roasted fruits: Stir into smaller pieces of fruit, or brush onto larger fruits and roast at 375 degrees.