- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour plus more for the pan
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Greek plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 cup Séka Hills Estate Grown Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Grated zest of 4 lemons, about 3 tablespoons
- Sliced strawberries and whipped cream, for serving
- Move a rack to the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Thoroughly coat a 9-cup (10-inch) Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Turn the pan upside down to drain off any pooling spray. Coat the sides, bottom and tube with flour, rotating and tilting the pan to coat well. Invert the pan to let excess flour fall from the pan.
- In a food processor, process the almonds with 1 cup of the flour until finely ground.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar until combined. Whisk in the yogurt and then the olive oil. Add the flour-nut mixture, the remaining 1 cup flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest; stir until well combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a bamboo skewer or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack for about 20 minutes.
- Unmold by giving the pan a sharp tap on the counter to help release the cake, then invert the pan onto
a cake plate or platter.
- Cool fully before slicing with a serrated knife. Serve with strawberries and whipped cream. Optional: garnish with mint sprigs and sliced toasted almonds.
Courtesy of Emily Luchetti, April 2014